Oh hey there! How was your weekend? Are you guys celebrating Valentines Day?
I originally started writing about the top aphrodisiac foods when I decided to take a slightly different direction and come up with a list of foods that I think are sexy and perfect for Valentines Day.
I’ve never been a huge fan of Valentines Day because I don’t believe there should be a day dedicated to showing your partner how much you love them. You should want to make your partner feel special everyday, you don’t need to wait for a specific occasion to show them how much you love and appreciate them.
But regardless, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the day and take advantage of all that romance that is floating around in the air…..
Here is my list of the sexiest foods to enjoy this Valentines Day!
- I love dark chocolate. It’s not too sweet but will satisfy my sweet tooth like nothing else. Chocolate naturally puts you in a good mood. Chocolate contains phenylethylamine and serotonin which are natural feel-good compounds believed to stir up the same physiological reaction in the body as falling in love. Some believe this is strictly a placebo effect but regardless, if it makes you feel good, who cares right?
- One of my favorite dark chocolate bars is this one
- Strawberries contain plenty of vitamin C which aids in promoting blood flow *wink wink*. Also, strawberries contain several minerals known to support a healthy sex drive including: magnesium; potassium and folate. For an extra sexy treat, make some chocolate covered strawberries…Got some leftover melted chocolate? Now you have edible body paint just in case you feel like getting a little messy 😉
- There’s something about a steak dinner…mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a nice glass of red wine = the perfect dinner that is sure to seduce anyone.
- Find out how to make the PERFECT steak here
- Aside from the fact that asparagus resembles the shape of a well known male body part…Asparagus will also boost histamine production, which is necessary to reach orgasm in both sexes. Neat huh?
- Alcohol in small amounts will increase your libido. It will also increase your appetite (for a dinner steak and chocolate covered strawberries perhaps?) and it will cause your skin to appear flushed. This is because alcohol stimulates your hypothalamus; which is the part of the brain that regulates basic human functions, such as body temperature, hunger, hormone levels, and sex drive. Red wine is thought to have specific benefits for women and men. The compounds in red wine are believed to enhance levels of sexual desire in women. Researchers uncovered was that the red wine specifically increased blood flow to women’s erogenous areas, which in turn led to increased levels of desire. Not only does a drink or two loosen things up and increase blood flow to essential areas in men, but red wine also seems to increase levels of testosterone in the blood, which in turn increases sexual arousal.
- Not sure what to pour? Try this one
- Champagne tends to be associated with celebrations which if you are celebrating something then it’s likely the benefits alcohol provides in addition to the added excited of a celebration will be sure to get you in the mood. Plus, the tiny bubbles that tickle your lips and nose will naturally stimulate. Don’t forget the chocolate-covered strawberries! They go hand in hand.
- Two of my favorite champagnes are this one and this one
For all of the single folks out there…I want each and everyone one of you to treat yo’ self tomorrow; who says Valentines Day has to be just for couples? Why can’t you show yourself some love?