Hello there! How are you guys? I can’t believe it’s November! We’ve been getting snow everyday for the past week and I have to be honest….it’s kind of getting me excited for Christmas…I may or may not have been listening to Christmas music a LOT over the past week…can’t help myself.
So the other night I was craving pizza…….I ended up just throwing whatever I had in the fridge together and…let me tell you, it was one of the BEST pizza’s I’ve had in AGES. Despite how good it is, I had some reservations about sharing it with you guys….I felt kind of silly because it’s SO simple; however I decided it was too good NOT to share with you.
Besides the sausage, I didn’t give measurements for the other toppings because you should feel free to add as much or as little as you want. I went with raw onion vs caramelized because I find the raw onion compliments the other flavors quite well. You’ll also notice this recipe doesn’t call for any pizza sauce….I honestly just wasn’t in the mood for it, so I added cheese directly onto the pizza crust instead. I promise you won’t miss it.
The pièce de résistance, is Evoolution’s wild mushroom and sage oil; the pizza is delicious without it but if you can get your hands on this, I highly suggest that you do.
- 1 - 10 to 12 inch pizza crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1lb of mild Italian sausage, ground
- White cheddar cheese
- Sweet yellow onion, raw
- Greens (I used spinach/kale)
- Evoolution's wild mushroom and sage oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain grease.
- Sprinkle the crust with half of the cheese.
- Next add the crumbled sausage, greens, and onion. Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust edge looks golden brown and the toppings are warm and bubbly.
- Drizzle with oil, cut immediately and serve.