Hello there! How are you guys doing? Sorry that I’ve been MIA lately…..the past couple of weeks have been SO BUSY; I had my best friend come to visit from New Brunswick, I hadn’t seen her in six years!! It was so nice to catch up and reminisce! I have also been having a hell of a time trying to get blog posts put together for you guys, for some reason I just haven’t been feeling it…I know all bloggers go through these ruts from time to time….what do you guys do to pull yourself out of them?
I love a good salad. Not to toot my own horn but I make some pretty killer salads and the one I am sharing with you today is probably one of my favorites; it has all the essential components to a good salad….greens, protein, nuts, cheese, and fruit. This recipe was inspired by a salad from Earl’s that I had been OBSESSED with…then the unthinkable happened…..they took it off their menu..*sigh*. So what’s a foodie to do? Recreate the salad at home of course!
First thing I did was hop onto google to find the best method for making the pecan crusted chicken and came across this recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction; I loved her recipe so much that I decided not to tweak it..why fix what isn’t broken, right? The only thing I did do differently was I used tapioca starch instead of all purpose flour because I prefer gluten free flour over all purpose.
I ate this salad every other day for almost two weeks after I first recreated it at home…I just couldn’t get enough of it. It’s just so delicious and the textures are on point.
The citrus dressing is DELICIOUS. It’s one of my go to dressings because it is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser. I love the flavor that the hazelnut oil brings to the dressing but olive oil or another nut oil will also be great!
The pepperiness of the arugula is really nice, it compliments the other flavors quite well; I sometimes use beets in this salad so if you are a fan, I suggest adding them in! Oh! and the creamed goat cheese is SO good, adding a little bit of cream to the goat cheese makes it so much easier to spread.
So while I was trying to get this salad photographed, my cat Sephyra was trying to eat it! I know what you’re thinking……”if a cat is trying to eat this salad, it must be pretty f**king good!” and you would be correct.
Isn’t she a darling!? God I love her.
I hope you guys enjoy this salad as much as we do!! Please let me know what you think! Cheers!!
- Juice of one orange
- 5 tbsp hazelnut oil (or whatever oil you prefer)
- 1 tbsp chardonnay vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 tsp maple syrup (depending on your taste)
- dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Spring Mix
- Pear, thinly sliced
- Brussel Sprouts, thinly sliced
- Beets (optional)
- Creamed Goat Cheese*
- 1. Put all of the ingredients for the dressing into a mason jar and shake until combined
- 1. Place the greens into a bowl along with some of the citrus vinaigrette and toss until lightly coated. Set aside.
- 2. Thinly slice some pear and brussel sprouts
- 3. To make the creamed goat cheese, simply place the cheese into a small bowl along with a splash of cream and stir to combine.
- 4. Take the goat cheese and spread it onto plate, followed by the rest of the components of the salad and serve!
- *Adding the cream to the goat cheese will make it easier to spread.