Who doesn’t love classic flavor pairings!? Things like tomato & basil, apple & cinnamon, peanut butter & chocolate….so delicious right? Well I have a new one for you….pear & parmesan.
OK so before I share this recipe, can you guys promise me something?….PLEASE use imported Parmigiano-Reggiano when you make this dressing; domestic parmesan just doesn’t possess the depth of flavor that the imported cheese does. The mildly sweet, subtle nuttiness, slightly salty, and savory flavors that come from true Parmigiano-Reggiano takes this dressing to a whole new level.
I wanted that classic “pear flavor” for this dressing; so I chose to use the mild and sweet bartlett pear, but you could use any variety of pear that you like.
Hope you enjoy it!
- 1/2 cup of Bartlette Pear, chopped
- 1/4 Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
- 3 tbsp Walnut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1/4 tsp Honey
- Dash Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container for up to five days.