Good Morning! Happy Sunday! I trust everyone has had a fantastic weekend. I was up bright and early this morning; I’m currently writing this post with a hot cup of coffee, the smell of the fresh morning air coming through the window, birds chirping, yet everything else is silent, it’s blissful.
I started listening to My Favourite Murder (I know I’m a little late to the party) but I am SO HOOKED! Karen and Georgia are my spirit animals. I love them!
Ok so back to food, I don’t have much of an appetite during the summer. I’m way more active this time of year but even then, my appetite is minimal; I find myself picking at things rather than sitting down and eating a full meal.
We tend to crave lightness in the summer, foods that are cooling and fresh. So today, I am sharing my simple yet delicious recipe for marinated veggies that will make a perfect addition to your backyard BBQ’s this summer.
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1.5 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1.5 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp sweet white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Chop all of your veggies up and add them to a large bowl
- To make the dressing: Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade into a mason jar or container and shake well.
- Pour the marinade over the veggies and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours