Hello! Happy Saturday! I hope everyone has had a FANTASTIC week! Last night was my friend Jaclyn’s birthday party, we went out for dinner and drinks at this little restaurant downtown. The food was excellent! We had a wonderful meat & cheese board and bacon wrapped dates to start; For my main, I had beef tenderloin with a red wine jus and finally a slice of cheesecake with port wine cherries. (which was delicious AF btw).
So what are you guys doing for the Super Bowl this weekend? Any big parties? Who are you cheering for? My friend Stephanie is coming over to cheer on the Falcon’s with me. I’m still deciding what I am going to make us…my Maple Bacon Wings that I posted last weekend will definitely be on the menu but I’m not sure what else….perhaps some nachos?
Today I am giving you my top five beers of choice to drink during Super Bowl LI.
(1) Michelob Ultra – United States. This is my go to beer and the one I will be drinking on Sunday. It’s crisp and refreshing, very light but isn’t watery, and doesn’t make you feel bloated.
(2) Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc – France. Smooth and refreshing fruity white ale with a slight bitterness and citrus flavors
(3) Granville Island Lager – British Columbia, Canada. The newest addition to my beer list. Slightly sweet lager that is refreshing and has a clean finish.
(4) Moose Light – New Brunswick, Canada. This is purely a nostalgic beer for me..it was always the one I drank when living in NB. Moose Light is a crisp and refreshing light lager that has a smooth finish.
(5) Alley Kat Main Squeeze – Alberta, Canada. Since I threw in a beer brewed in New Brunswick, I thought it was only appropriate that I include something from Alberta. This beer has a perfect balance of grapefruit flavors but still tastes like a beer.
Well there you have it! I hope everyone has a great Super Bowl LI!