Happy Canada Day Weekend!
I’ve been trying to decide what I wanted to post for Canada Day all week; I wanted something that included some of my favorite classic Canadian ingredients. These contain Alberta beef, BC blueberries, good old fashion maple syrup, and bacon.
These sliders are made with an 80/20 ratio of beef/bacon…..you’ll love it, I promise. If you have a meat grinder, you can just grind the beef and the bacon together. If you don’t have a meat grinder, my suggestion would be to slightly freeze the bacon (it makes it easier to cut) and then finely chop and incorporate it with the beef.
I kept the toppings pretty simple for this one and just added some brie. The brie complements the ingredients inside the burger quite well without overpowering.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend celebrating this amazing country! Happy 150th Canada! Cheers!
- 1 lb ground Alberta Beef/Pork mixture*
- 1/3 cup fresh BC Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- Freshly cracked pepper (to taste)
- 8 slices of brie
- Add all of the above ingredients to a large bowl and gently mix until everything is fully combined.
- Form the mixture into little patties and cook using whatever method you prefer
- Top with brie and serve
- For these sliders, I made a 80/20 mixture of beef/bacon; if you have a meat grinder, you can use that to grind the beef and bacon together. If you don't have a meat grinder, you can finely chop the bacon (slightly freezing the bacon first would make it easier) and add it to the beef.